Content Authoring Experience Summit
You are not logged in!
After registering, return to this page to sign up for the summit.
The Content Authoring Summit aims to bring together maintainers of various modules key to an awesome authoring experience in Drupal: layouts, media, previews, workflow, in-place editing, etc. and work through architectural / integration issues side-by-side, with whiteboards and healthy debate, with the goal to make the process of making a rich Drupal 8 authoring experience much, much easier than in the past.
Lightning talks (15 mins each - per module) :
- Current state of module - 2 mins
- Contrib plans for D8 - 2 mins
- Blockers - 2 mins
- Potential compatibility issues - 2 minutes
- Q&A - 5 minutes
- Change over - 2 mins
Break out groups to come up with architecture: What modules do we still need? What can we consolidate/remove/simplify? Are there better approaches now than in D7 for doing thing X?
Get back together, share "big ideas" from each group and help narrow it down to one or an architecture that allows for compatibility between these elements.
- Figure out the top modules we need ported for awesome D8 authoring experience
- A plan to test assumptions for the remaining 3 days of sprints at the conference
- An overall release plan for the rest of the next 6 months