Higher Ed Summit
You are not logged in!
After registering, return to this page to sign up for the summit.
Drupal 8, but wait!
Drupal 8 is right around the corner, but we still have so much to do with our current sites. How do we improve our Search Engine Results? How do we leverage Drupal as a collaboration tool? How do we keep our current sites up to date?
Take a deep breath and join us at the BADCamp Higher Education summit to take a bit to time to look back what still need to be done, and take a moment to think about Drupal 8. Having a major Drupal update with new features and improvements offers an opportunity to reflect on lessons learned in the past and imagine how to do our “thing” better in the future.
We are still on the search for speakers and discussion leaders; if you have a great story to tell about your university. We’re particularly interested if you’ve worked with Drupal 8 yet! Please contact the Summit Organizers if you’re interested in speaking, or leading a discussion.
8:15 Registration, Coffee, lightning talk sign-up
9:15 Introductory remarks
9:30 Panel: Drupal 8 in higher education
10:30 Break-out Discussions #1
11:15 Speaker: UC Davis prototyping
1:00 Lightning Talks
2:00 Break-out Discussions #2
3:00 Break out Report Back
3:30 Break-out Discussions #3
4-5:00 Networking/ Happy Hour at David Brower center – sponsored by Kalamuna
Break-out session Topic list
- Drupal in Academic Libraries
- Agile Development best practices
- Analytics Strategies
- AWS + Docker hosting (case study)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering D8 migration Q&A
- Campus Branding
- Project Management Strategies
- SSO & D8
- institutional adoption models
- Accessibility (and what we can look forward to in D8)
- Supporting Academic Research with Drupal
- Collaborating with Other Campuses
- Selecting a Drupal Hosting vendor in the cloud
- Vendor Engagement