Hathway | Senior Drupal Developer
Hathway is looking for a Senior Drupal Engineer that can be a strong technical leader on Drupal projects during both the design and implementation phases of projects. This person will also contribute to Hathway’s standards and best practices for internal use of Drupal, ensuring that we’re building Drupal sites that look and perform beyond customer’s expectations. This person should have intimate knowledge of how Drupal works and what it does best, and be able to apply those concepts when designing and building sites for our customers.
This position will be a fantastic opportunity for career growth in the company, as Hathway's Drupal business has been skyrocketing over the past 2 years and we're looking for people that want to play a part in guiding our Drupal practice so we can scale up and handle even more business in the coming years.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Drupal & PHP and at least 1 year of tech lead experience on Drupal projects
- A candidate who has experience designing & building simple brochure sites as well as sites with complex backend functionality
- Someone who understands the strengths of the Drupal platform and designs and implements sites that play into those strengths
- Someone who can effectively communicate engineering concepts to others through both verbal & written communication forms, and can create technical documents that outline a site plan so that others can execute on it
- Someone who has worked on an Agile development team and works well in a fast-paced environment with other highly capable teammates.
- An ability to gauge the technical experience level of other engineers and ensure that tasks that are assigned to those engineers fit their skillsets
- A candidate near San Luis Obispo, CA would be ideal, but strong remote candidates that would be able to occasionally travel to SLO and can work effectively with remote engineering teams will definitely be considered!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with strategy and design to architect Drupal solutions that meet the needs of some of Hathway’s largest customers, making sure to take the platform’s strengths and weaknesses into account to ensure it can be built within the identified budget
- Provide strong leadership to both junior and senior Drupal developers, continuously driving the quality of coding standards upwards through documentation and introduction of new tools & processes
- Contribute to projects as an architect and/or a team leader to drive momentum of the projects forward from day 1 of the project
- Generate realistic project estimates and proposed architectures that make technological and business sense and set up projects to succeed from the beginning
- Review and contribute to product designs and specifications for Drupal projects
- Work with other Drupal engineers to guide Hathway’s Drupal development process and best practices used across all projects
- Ensure code reviews and unit testing are being executed on every project
- Responsible for giving product demos to internal and external stakeholders on a weekly basis
What It's Like to Work @ Hathway
- Join a company that has been on Inc. Magazine's list of 5000 fastest growing private companies for 2 consecutive years, and whose CEO was named on Forbes' 30 under 30 list for Marketing & Advertising in 2015
- Work with a growing team of talented & motivated engineers that are constantly working with new & exciting mobile technologies
- Lunch & Learn sessions with teammates to discuss & learn about new technologies and industry trends
- Monthly company-provided lunches and happy hours
- Ping pong & foosball
- Health, vision, dental, and 401k benefits
- Headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA -- ranked one of the safest, healthiest, and happiest places to live in the United States
To apply, send your resume and/or work examples to email@example.com -- we'd love to talk to you!