Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Summary of Role:
SunPower is seeking a high-energy, market and customer oriented Product Owner of our customer-facing, global websites. This role will be responsible for managing and delivering web based software features required to achieve our global business objectives, including new customer demand generation, customer engagement, brand awareness, as well as managing CMS functionality for use by our internal marketing team.
Core responsibilities include participation in the creation, validation, and on-going refinement of the overall sunpower.com strategy and leading the development of our web and mobile web assets, as part of SunPower’s comprehensive global digital strategy. The ideal candidate will be strong both commercially and technically and must be an excellent communicator who can engage with a variety of stakeholders across our customers, partners, vendors, and the internal organization. This person must have experience managing consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) oriented web sites. This position reports to the Director of Web Product Management and will work as part of our matrix product management team with other product owners, product managers, program managers, product developers, and engineers.
- Develop powerful and distinctive mobile, web, and social experiences for future SunPower customers across the globe.
- Evolve SunPower’s global website capabilities into seamless and intuitive functionality that delivers simple and fun user experiences, provides brand differentiation, and motivates B2B and B2C prospects to go solar with SunPower.
- Build a platform that enables the engagement of social communities on sunpower.com.
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Continuously improve the quality of the sunpower.com product backlog and the development team’s understanding of the items it contains.
- Author detailed user stories for new product features with input from business and software development stakeholders.
- Participate in project planning, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Manage sunpower.com cohesively with other SunPower digital assets.
- Drive customer engagement and retention through behavioral and social means.
- Migrate sunpower.com toward an on-line sales platform including: on-line solar system configurators, savings calculation tools, pricing and proposal creation, and potentially ecommerce.
- Work closely with the global product management team and internal and external customers to define and prioritize feature development.
- Document product strategy and requirements (including technical requirements and business cases) in roadmaps, user stories, and product requirements.
- Play an active role in cross-functional product team meetings by guiding product trade-off decisions and otherwise assisting the software development team to ensure successful, on-schedule product development.
- Work with product managers, software development, business development, and supply chain to identify and validate potential partners to enable or enhance SunPower’s product offering, including make / buy analysis and recommendations.
- Develop training material for respective products and train sales staff as needed.
- Facilitate interactions between various teams (development, marketing automation, analytics, digital marketing, segment marketing, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced Degree preferred
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- BS/MS in technical field from a leading engineering program, preferably computer science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including at least 3 years managing enterprise class content management systems.
- Excellent understanding of consumer web and mobile platforms, including leveraging data analytics to drive social and behavioral engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated track record of owning development and deployment of successful consumer web and mobile experiences and services.
- Experience with Agile software development required. Certified Agile Product Owner strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and coordinate, cross functional teams, distributed internationally.
- Working knowledge of enterprise class CRM, marketing automation, and web analytics tools with specific understanding of CMS integration of these tools.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of clients and partners.
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast paced and continually changing environment.
- Leadership skills and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of photovoltaic systems and energy management.
- Open-source CMS management experience, specifically Drupal.
- Experience using automated backlog management software.
- Graduate degree (e.g. MBA).