Senior Software Engineers at ThinkShout are responsible for the technical architecture and delivery of world-class open source solutions built with Drupal, PHP, Symfony, Angular, Ember, Ruby, Jekyll, Node.js and anything else that serves our clients, the nonprofit tech community, and are a blast to play (and work) with.
- TDD, PHP, SQL, JS, SCM, AJAX/AHAH, HTML5, SASS, and CSS (to name a few) are much more than just acronyms to you.
- Two years of experience developing with Drupal.
- Three years of experience working with other open source frameworks.
- You can leverage dev ops, continuous integration, and services such as TraviS CI to craft development and deployment workflows.
- You understand that technical architecture involves bridging the gap between real world problems and the technology that solves them.
- You have an interest in working with new, emergent web technologies and concepts, such as decoupled apps.
- You're a self-starter; you care about your development tools; you stay on top of new technologies and development best practices.
- You don't mind spending time in the programming trenches.
- You want to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care, a matching 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, and a very generous 30 days of PTO, including holidays.
- Get paid to learn and go to conferences, such as DrupalCon, OSCON, and the Nonprofit Technology Conference.
- A focus on work/life balance, including a flexible office hours policy.
Send us a cover letter focusing on why you're interested in a career at ThinkShout, a resume in PDF format or your LinkedIn profile and as many of the following details as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Links to open source software contributions you have made (code posted to GitHub, Drupal.org, etc.).
- A link to your Drupal.org and/or GitHub user profiles.
- A list of open source conferences you have attended, as well as user groups you have frequented.
- A description of your local development environment and programming workflow.
- Any questions you might have for us here at ThinkShout.
- An answer to this question: If you had to choose one object (other than your laptop) to keep in your team's space, what would it be?
Please note that while most of our team is concentrated in our Portland, OR, office, we're happy to consider remote work for the right candidate. We look forward to hearing from you!