There is very little information about remote entities available, making them a little-understood but much talked about solution for integrating external data.
For this session Dave and Colan will discuss what remote entities are, when they make sense, and how we could come together as a community to create a more mainstream solution.
Topics will include:
- When it makes sense to use remote entities
- The pros and cons of this approach
- Ways we can improve Remote Entities API
- Technical details on implementing remote entities
- How to move forward in Drupal 8 AND BEYOND! (at least until Drupal 12)
By the end of the session, all attendees should have a working understanding of how they could use remote entities as a method for standarding their external services integrations.
- Remote Entity API - https://www.drupal.org/project/remote_entity
- Entity API - https://www.drupal.org/project/entity
- EntityFieldQuery Views Backend - https://www.drupal.org/project/efq_views
- External Entities - https://www.drupal.org/project/external_entities
- Colan's original article: Integrating remote data into Drupal 7 and exposing it to Views
- Dave's original presentation: DrupalCon Barcelona 2015: Remote Entities: Standardizing External Integrations in Drupal