Trainer: Ted Bowman / 6 Mile Tech
This Beginning Drupal 8 course offered by Six Mile Tech introduces you to the core concepts behind site building in Drupal 8.
Drupal 8 is the next and greatest version of Drupal. It has many improvements and will be released soon but is ready for you to start making sites with it today! This course will take you through a series of practical exercises to build a functional Drupal 8 site and prepare you to create your own dynamic websites using Drupal.
Who is this course for?
This beginning course is for anybody who wants to start making websites with Drupal. Among those who this course is for are:
- Drupal 7 site builders who want to start working in Drupal 8
- Business owners who want to evaluate Drupal for their business
- Web Designers and Developers who want to learn how to make more powerful websites
- WordPress developers who want to add Drupal to their skill set
- PHP programmers who want to learn how to build sites in Drupal
- Anyone interested in how Drupal sites are made
What will you learn?
- Adding and editing site content
- Modeling data by creating new content types and fields
- Controlling page elements with blocks
- User management: creating user roles and assigning permissions
- Controlling the look of your site with themes
- Creating dynamic content listings with Views (now in core!)
- Installing extra modules to add functionality to your site
- Using the Drupal community to learn even more
Requirements: You will need a laptop with a modern web browser.