Zakiya Khabir, Phil Boden, Casey Wight, Drew Bolles, Israel Morales, Theo Ballew, Wilson Yee, and Lauren Richard from Chapter Three
Do you already build your own custom themes for Drupal 7? Interested in finding out what you’ll need to learn for Drupal 8? This training is for you. This training will focus on creating theme code, so bring your HTML, CSS and PHP skills.
Come with a local copy of Drupal 8 running, if you get stuck here, show up early and we’ll help you out before we get started.
- We will dive into topics like:
- Creating d8 themes, subthemes, and working with YAML files
- Twig basics
- Preprocessing, template functions and hooks
- View modes
- Basic OOPHP principles
- Kint, theme_debug and other changes to debugging
- Leveraging new D8 site building paradigms to make theming easier
- Where to find help
Over the course of the day we will work through exercises together so that by the end of the day you’ll have a skeleton of your own working Drupal 8 theme.